- 2 lbs black currants, with a few leaves
- 4 Cups brandy
- 1.5 Cups sugar
- 2 Cups water
- 1 Vanilla Pod
- Put the black currants, with their leaves, and the Vanilla Pod (crushed) in a wide mouthed glass jar Kilner Jar
- Pour in the brandy, cover tightly and shake once every few days for about two months.
- Drain the flavored alcohol from the fruit.
- Mix the SUGAR and WATER, and bring just to a boil.
- Cool this syrup and add it to the alcohol.
- Bottle and cork.
- Keep the bottles of liqueur for one month before opening.
More Brandy Based Recipes
Raspberry Brandy Fruit Liqueur Recipe
Raspberry brandy can be difficult to get right, just make sure you use a good quality brandy, even a VSOPRead more.
Plum Brandy Liqueur Recipe – Faster Method
Plum Brandy, one of our personal favorites. Ingredients: 2 lb Plums (Frozen) 1 lb Demerara Sugar 1 Bottle of goodRead more.
Cherry Brandy Recipe – That Old Favorite
This Cherry Brandy Recipe is one of our favorites, everyone has heard of it. Great memories of going to grandparentsRead more.
Please follow and like us: