Its that time of year when blackberries and apples are available, you can either make a nice crumble and custard or why not try making some lovely warming blackberry and apply gin. Autumn is a great time of year, plenty of fruit around.
The hedgerows are full of blackberries and if you go down to the woods you might be lucky and find an apple tree or two.
You will need the following Ingredients
- 8oz / 225g of apples
- 8oz / 225g of blackberries
- 750ml of Gin
- 7oz / 200 g of caster sugar
- 1 bay leaf
- Wash the apples and chop them up, no need to peel them.
- Wash and sterilise a kilner jar big enough for the ingredients to fit in.
- Place the apples, blackberries, sugar and bay leaf into a large kilner jar
- Pour in the Gin and seal the jar.
- Shake the jar and contents well, place in a cool dark place for 4 weeks, shake the jar every few days.
- Strain the liquid through a fine filter cloth into a bottle.
How to enjoy…
Either drink it as it comes, over ice or mix it with soda, tonic or lemonade.
More Gin based recipes
Gin and Fruit Liqueur related recommended products