Blackberry Whisky and soda is a lovely long drink, served with ice and a slice. Go to your local hedgerows and get some ripe blackberries, select a quality whisky and start making this wonderful liqueur.
- 2 KG (4lbs) Blackberries
- 225 g (8 oz) Sugar
- 1 bottle Whisky
- Place fruit, sugar and whiskey in a large screw top jar / bottle or kilner jar.
- Shake once a day for one week or until the sugar has dissolved. Place in a dark cupboard.
- Stir or gently shake once every two weeks.
- After three months strain and siphon off into clean bottles.
- Store for 3 months.
- Flavor will improve over time, even up to 2 years old.
Try some of our other Whisky Liqueur Recipes
Read more about Blackberries on Wikipedia
More Whisky Based Recipes
Whisky and Fruit Liqueur related recommended products