- 2 lbs black currants, with a few leaves
- 4 Cups brandy
- 1.5 Cups sugar
- 2 Cups water
- 1 Vanilla Pod
- Put the black currants, with their leaves, and the Vanilla Pod (crushed) in a wide mouthed glass jar Kilner Jar
- Pour in the brandy, cover tightly and shake once every few days for about two months.
- Drain the flavored alcohol from the fruit.
- Mix the SUGAR and WATER, and bring just to a boil.
- Cool this syrup and add it to the alcohol.
- Bottle and cork.
- Keep the bottles of liqueur for one month before opening.
More Brandy Based Recipes
Blackcurrant Brandy Recipe – Liqueur-de-Cassis
Ingredients: 2 lbs black currants, with a few leaves4 Cups brandy1.5 Cups sugar2 Cups water1 Vanilla Pod Method: Put theRead more.
Quince Ratafia Recipe (Brandy or Vodka)
Quince Ratafia can be made with Brandy or Vodka, you can get Quince from most supermarkets but a good farmRead more.
Plum Brandy Fruit Liqueur Recipe
Plum Brandy is one of our favorites, well worth the wait. Ingredients: 1 lb Plums 2 lb Demerara Sugar 2Read more.
Please follow and like us: