This Cherry Brandy Recipe is one of our favorites, everyone has heard of it. Great memories of going to grandparents houses at Christmas and there was always a bottle of Cherry Brandy.
Use Ratio of:
- 450 g (1 lb) Cherries
- 85 g (3 oz) Sugar
- 150 ml (1/4 pt) Brandy.
Increase each keeping the ratio equal for a higher volume of liqueur
- Wash cherries and place into a large screwtop jar / bottle or kilner jar.
- Add the sugar and gently pour in brandy.
- Gently shake or stir once a day for two weeks or until the sugar has all dissolved.
- Store in dark place for 3 months.
- Filter into bottles.
- Enjoy with some dark, high cocoa chocolate.
Add the cherries to melted chocolate for an extra treat, use a good quality high cocoa chocolate.
Why not try Vodka instead of Brandy with out Cherry Vodka Recipe
More Brandy Based Recipes
Brandy and Fruit Liqueur related recommended products
Find out more about Fruit Brandy drinks