This is very quick to make and you can drink it after just one day. The sweetness of your favorite locally produced honey and a good Vodka will produce a wonderful drink. Experiment with honey from different areas.
You will need the following ingredients:
- 1/2 cup of water
- 2/3 cup of honey
- 1-inch piece of orange zest, pith removed
- 1 1/2 cups vodka
- Simmer the honey, water, orange zest, and cinnamon over medium heat stirring frequently, until it is a syrup, this can take around 5 minutes.
- Let the liquid cool, with the orange zest and cinnamon still in the pot. Scrape off any white foam.
- Once it has cooled, remove the cinnamon and orange zest.
- Combine the honey syrup and vodka in a glass jar, seal, and shake.
- Allow it to rest for a minimum of 12 hours.
- Store in the jar at room temperature or in the refrigerator for up to 6 months.
Learn about beekeeping, its a very interesting subject
View our other Vodka based recipes
More Vodka Based Recipes
Vodka and Fruit Liqueur related recommended products