Quince Ratafia can be made with Brandy or Vodka, you can get Quince from most supermarkets but a good farm shop may have larger and fresher ones.
You will need the following ingredients:
- 2 large quinces
- Granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon each cinnamon, ginger and mace
- brandy or vodka
- If the only Quinces you can buy are still green, let them ripen until they are yellow. Handle them carefully, as they are easily bruised.
- Take 2 large quinces. Rub the grey down off them with a cloth, rinse and grate them, peel and core included. Put into a 1-quart bottling jar.
- Pour in granulated sugar to come about a third of the way up the bottle, add 1/4 teaspoon each cinnamon, ginger and mace, then fill the bottling jar with brandy or vodka.
- Leave for a month or two or three, the taste will mellow and become more subtle.
More Vodka Based Recipes
More Brandy Based Recipes
Vodka and Fruit Liqueur related recommended products