Damsons can be found growing wild on trees in woods or forests, they will be ready to pick in the late summer, early autumn. Go out for a forage and get sloes at the same time.
- 450 g (1 lb) Wild Damsons
- 168 gm (6 oz) Sugar
- 1 75cl Bottle of Gin.
- Wash the damsons well and remove any bad or damaged fruit.
- Prick each damson several times with a sharp fork or needle.
- Place fruit into large bottle / Kilner jar that can hold 1 Litre.
- Add sugar and gin to the top of the bottle / jar.
- Shake once a day for 2 weeks or until the sugar has dissolved.
- Taste after 4-6 weeks and add sugar if required.
- Strain the mixture and bottle
View our other Gin based Recipes
More Gin Based Recipes
Gin and Fruit Liqueur related recommended products